…in the Ozarks.
And, as always, it’s pandemonium.
Drivers on their morning commute saw abandoned vehicles, numerous accidents and long lines of traffic in and around Springfield today after a light dusting of snow left area roads surprisingly slick.
Bill Otto, Kansas House Republican-District 9, is in the news today. Previously, he posted a video called “Redneck Rap” in which, he was seen wearing a cap that said “opossum the other dark meat” and opining on the current political climate. Some were offended and Otto’s daughters pulled the video. He has since re-posted it.
In the new clip, Otto addresses his Ozarks/Hillbily heritage, defends racism charges and explains the other dark meat.
1. I do live in the Ozarks but, am not a native.
2. I do not claim to be a hillbilly but, I know many.
3. I have never dined on opossum nor have I ever seen anyone else do so. But, I have heard many people claim that they had.
4. I have never heard of Bill Otto before but, I would have a cup of coffee with the guy.
5. I don’t really know what goes on in Kansas.
As always, fire up the corn cob pipe and click pause on the music player located in the side bar before playing the YouTube.
Note: The actual “rap” starts a little past the half way mark.
It’s a magnificent day in the Ozarks so, I grabbed the acoustic guitar and went outside to play a few licks.
It’s always nice to have an audience.
Even if it’s just little old Huey…
…and his glove.
btw-check out ALTERNATWEET at the top of the page. It’s the anti-Twitter.